Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Halloween in New Mexico!

I recently returned from a quick trip to New Mexico where I attended the wedding of two dear friends in Santa Fe, and also visited good friends in Albuquerque. In between wedding festivities, I was able to explore both towns a little bit and snapped as many Halloween photos as possible! Here are the ones I'd like to share with you!...

Santa Fe:

The first place I spied Halloween goodies was at ACC Santa Fe at the Plaza in the heart of the city! Below are shots I took of their haunted home decor:



Next, I found 2 shops in Sena Plaza that featured gorgeous Halloween and Day of the Dead - themed displays. The first was a shop called Poem:


Owner Diane James stocks her store with exquisite Parisian-themed gifts and collectibles, and her Halloween display at the front of the little shop is fantastic.



Next to Poem is Todos Santos Chocolates and Confections, the best chocolate shop in Santa Fe offering beautifully packaged premium chocolates:




Albuquerque:

With less time to spend in Albuquerque, I did manage to find some specialty stores in Nob Hill where I got these fun shots (Jack-o-lantern cookies from Flying Star appear on the left):

...but the best Halloween "attraction" around was found at my friend Tye O'Dell's home on the outskirts of town:


Tye is an artist, a Halloween enthusiast, and prop designer extraordinaire! He transplanted the creepy tree from another area on his property to this hand-made cemetery in the photo above...

He designed and created concrete tombstones for his graveyard, which stays up all year round.






He is in the process of building a hearse for his home haunt...

Inside the house, a monster's hands creep out from under the sofa in the living room:


...and I couldn't resist getting a photo with my hero, Hellboy. This Hellboy was sculpted entirely by Tye. Every detail of this life-size figure was handcrafted by him:

Tye's Slimer sculpture emerges from the walls of his living room:



The above images are just a sampling of the amazing sculptures he has produced.

Well, I am off to Springfield, Missouri this weekend for the Annual Springfield Halloween Party. This year's theme is "Monsters" and I will be attending as the Bride of Frankenstein! I'll report back with photos and tales of my adventures in the Ozarks!

Until Then...Happy Haunting!

4 comments:

  1. Nice tour, especially love the chocolate shop's packaging in JOL's. It reminds me of the old stuff from the 40's and 50's. Your friend has a year round cemetery in the yard?...that's my dream house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes William, Tye is my hero! Ha. Yeah that chocolate shop was really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has he Tye ever thought of selling hellboy?

    ReplyDelete

Rock on my Halloween loving friends, we are soo happy to see you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...